Adjunct Associate Professor
Randy Arvay, PhD, is the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and Assistant Vice President for Duke Health—roles that include its three hospitals (Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital and Duke Raleigh Hospital), the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC), with over 1,750 clinicians; and Duke’s School of Medicine and School of Nursing.
Dr. Arvay previously worked as the CISO for the University of Utah and University of Utah Health, and as the CISO for the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Prior to that, he had a 23-year career in the U.S. Army as a network systems engineer. His Army career culminated as the Chief of Cyber Security and Quality Assurance with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in the Joint Spectrum Center, Annapolis, Md. He also served as an assistant professor in the Cyber Science Department at the United States Naval Academy.
Dr. Arvay also holds the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and the Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications.
- PhD in Software Engineering, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, Calif.
- Master’s in Information Systems, Hawaii Pacific University, Honolulu
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, United States Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assist VP, DUHS
- Office Phone: +1 919 668 0112
- Email Address: email@example.com
- CYBERSEC 503: Cybersecurity Risk Management
- CYBERSEC 590: Advanced Topics in Cybersecurity