Associate Professor of the Practice of Business Administration
Professor Majumder, as the Faculty Co-Director of the Fuqua Client Consulting Program, coordinates the sourcing of client projects, building MBA student teams, classroom content delivery and project management for about 30 projects and about 150 students in domestic and international locations. The FCCP is a collaborative effort between the faculty instructors, student team members, external clients, and Fuqua Centers.
He teaches electives in Operations, including Operations Strategy, Supply Chain Management, Service Operations and Health Care Provider strategy.
His research is in the area of operations strategy, supply chains and sustainability.
Pranab Majumder joined the Fuqua School of Business in 2001 after finishing his Ph.D. from the University of Rochester. He completed his B.Tech. from the Indian Institute of Technology (Kanpur, India) and his MBA from theIndian Institute of Management (Calcutta, India) before working for a few years in Logistics and Information Technology
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of the Practice of Business Administration
- Office Location: A234 Fuqua School, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-7694
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. University of Rochester, 2001
- M.S. University of Rochester, 1999
- M.B.A. Indian Institute of Management (India), 1993
- EGRMGMT 562: Operations Management
- EGRMGMT 563: Supply Chain Management
- HLTHMGMT 714: Health Care Provider Strategy
- HLTHMGMT 714E: Health Care Provider Strategy
- MANAGEMT 754: Mentored Study in Entrepreneurship
- MANAGEMT 899: Independent Study
- OPERATNS 556Q: Operations Analytics
- OPERATNS 820G: Operations Management
- OPERATNS 828E: Value Chain Innovation in Business Processes
- QM 820QB: Operations Management
- STRATEGY 895: Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum
- Bettger, JP; Dolor, RJ; Witsell, DL; Dubno, JR; Pieper, CF; Walker, AR; Silberberg, M; Schulz, KA; Majumder, P; Juhlin, E; Smith, SL; Francis, HW; Tucci, DL, Comparative implementation-effectiveness of three strategies to perform hearing screening among older adults in primary care clinics: study design and protocol., Bmc Geriatrics, vol 20 no. 1 (2020) [10.1186/s12877-020-01576-x] [abs].
- Majumder, P; Srinivasan, A, Leadership and competition in network supply chains, Management Science, vol 54 no. 6 (2008), pp. 1189-1204 [10.1287/mnsc.1070.0752] [abs].
- Majumder, P; Srinivasan, A, Leader location, cooperation, and coordination in serial supply chains, Production and Operations Management, vol 15 no. 1 (2006), pp. 22-39 [abs].
- Majumder, P; Groenevelt, H, Competition in remanufacturing, Production and Operations Management, vol 10 no. 2 (2001), pp. 125-141 [10.1111/j.1937-5956.2001.tb00074.x] [abs].