Adjunct Associate Professor in the Pratt School of Engineering
Dave Chatterjee, Ph.D. is Associate Professor in the Department of Management Information Systems at the Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia, and a Visiting Professor at Duke’s Pratt School of Engineering. He taught Cybersecurity 521, Cybersecurity Program Development, Operations, and Analysis in Spring 2022.
Dr. Chatterjee’s interest and expertise lie in the various facets of information technology management, with current focus on cybersecurity and enterprise digitization. His work has been published in prestigious outlets such as The Wall Street Journal, MIT Sloan Management Review, I By IMD, California Management Review, Business Horizons, MIS Quarterly, and the Journal of Management Information Systems. Dr. Chatterjee serves as Senior Editor of the Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce. His book titled Cybersecurity Readiness: A Holistic and High-Performance Approach was published by SAGE Publishing in March 2021.
Dr. Chatterjee delivers talks worldwide; moderates CXO panel discussions; conducts corporate training, workshops, and webinars; and provides consulting and advisory services. He has appeared in radio and TV interviews and is often quoted by news media on major technology-related developments. He has served on the corporate and community leadership board of a prestigious cybersecurity network of Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and on a CISO SWAT team.
Dr. Chatterjee is also the host of the Cybersecurity Readiness Podcast Series. Here are links to published episodes:
#7 -- Multidisciplinary and Integrative Approach to Cybersecurity Education -- Guest: Dr. Jimmie Lenz, Dir. Master of Engineering in FinTech and Master of Engineering in Cybersecurity at Duke University's Pratt School of Engineering
For more professional details, please visit https://dchatte.com
Appointments and Affiliations
- Adjunct Associate Professor in the Pratt School of Engineering
- Office Location: 110 Science Drive, Box 90271, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5142
- Email Address: email@example.com
- ,, 1988
- ,, 1969
- Ph.D. Florida State University, 1997
- M.B.A. East Carolina University, 1992
Dr. Chatterjee’s interest and expertise lie in the various facets of information technology management – from technology sense-making to implementation and change management, data governance, internal controls, information security, and performance measurement.
His current research focus is on cybersecurity preparedness and enterprise digitization.
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- UGA Career Center Recognition. Director, UGA Career Center. 2019
- Recognition of Foreign Experts. Vice Director, Department of Foreign Experts Affairs, Zhejiang Province, China,. 2019
- Chair and Speaker, AI and Machine Learning in Future Network. BIT's 6th Annual World Congress. 2019
- UGA’s 2018 Teaching Academy Academic Affairs Faculty Symposium. Teaching Academy, The University of Georgia. 2018
- Outstanding Alumni Recognition Award. St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, India. 2017
- Outstanding Alumni Recognition Award. Birla High School. 2017
- UGA Vice Provost's Recognition of PRACS Committee Work. Office of The Vice Provost, The University of Georgia. 2017
- Provost's Recognition for supporting Center for Undergraduate Research. Provost, The University of Georgia. 2017
- Judge, Georgia CIO of the Year Award . Georgia CIO Leadership Association. 2015
- Nomination to UGA Senior Teaching Fellow Award. Department of Management Information Systems, UGA . 2013
- Co-Chairman, SIMposium 2010, SIM International Conference, . Society for Information Management. 2010
- Innovative Teaching Recognition, Terry College Alumni magazine in 2009. Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia. 2009
- Society for Information Management Leader of the Year Award Finalist, 2009. Society for Information Management. 2009
- Outstanding Exec MBA Professor of the Year. Terry College of Business, The University of Georgia. 2007
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty Honoree. The University of Georgia. 2007
- Alpha Kappa Psi, MIS Teacher of the Year Award. Alpha Kappa Psi. 2002
- CYBERSEC 521: Cybersecurity Program Development, Operations & Analysis
In the News
- Podcast Episode #6 -- Holistic Approach to Cybersecurity Readiness (Aug 18, 2021 | The Cybersecurity Readiness Podcasts)
- Podcast Episode #5 -- Being An Effective Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) (Aug 4, 2021 | The Cybersecurity Readiness Podcasts)
- Podcast Episode #4 -- The Human Vulnerability Factor (Jul 21, 2021 | The Cybersecurity Readiness Podcasts)
- Podcast Episode #3 - Going Above and Beyond the Mandated Checklist (Jul 7, 2021 | The Cybersecurity Readiness Podcasts)
- Podcast Episode #2 -- Protecting Academic Institutions from Ransomware and Other Forms of Cyber Attacks (Jun 23, 2021 | The Cybersecurity Readiness Podcasts)
- Podcast Episode #1 -- Role of Top Management in Cybersecurity Governance (Jun 8, 2021 | The Cybersecurity Readiness Podcasts)
- What is Ransomware? (Jul 1, 2019 | 11Alive.com)
- The future is private': Zuckerberg details changes ahead for Facebook, Instagram (Apr 30, 2019 | ABC6onyourside.com)
- Should executives go to jail over cybersecurity breaches? (Mar 27, 2019 | TERRY NEWS, UGA)
- Cybersecurity Preparedness for Baby boomers -- Dr. Dave Chatterjee's TV Interview, July 2018 (Aug 23, 2018 | AIB Network -- TV Interview; 2:47 onwards)
- Underwhelming earnings report could point to bigger problems for Facebook (Jul 26, 2018 | ABCKHQA.com)
- Should executives go to jail over cybersecurity breaches? (Jan 30, 2018 | UGA Today)
- Cybersecurity Radio Interview with Rose Scott AT WABE 90.1 FM (THE NPR AFFILIATE) (Jan 5, 2018 | WABE 90.1 FM (THE NPR AFFILIATE))
- Annual Seminar of the Department of Computer Science (Dec 22, 2017 | St. Xaviers College, Kolkata, India)
- Georgia Public Radio Interview on Cybersecurity Issues With Rich Casanova (Nov 9, 2017 | PRO Business Channel)
- World Renowned Cybersecurity and Change Management Expert for Leading Fortune 500 Companies (Nov 9, 2017 | ProBusinessChannelUSA.com)
- Experts give tips on how to stay protected from identity theft (Nov 17, 2014 | Augusta Chronicle)
- Chatterjee, D, Cybersecurity Readiness A Holistic and High-Performance Approach (2021) [abs].
- Benz, M; Chatterjee, D, Calculated risk? A cybersecurity evaluation tool for SMEs, Business Horizons, vol 63 no. 4 (2020), pp. 531-540 [10.1016/j.bushor.2020.03.010] [abs].
- Abraham, C; Chatterjee, D; Sims, RR, Muddling through cybersecurity: Insights from the U.S. healthcare industry, Business Horizons, vol 62 no. 4 (2019), pp. 539-548 [10.1016/j.bushor.2019.03.010] [abs].
- Chatterjee, D, Should executives go to jail over cybersecurity breaches?, Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce, vol 29 no. 1 (2019), pp. 1-3 [10.1080/10919392.2019.1568713] [abs].
- Segars, A; Chatterjee, D, Diets That Don’t Work: Where Enterprise Resource Planning Goes Wrong, Wall Street Journal (Eastern Ed.) (2010) [abs].
- Chatterjee, DD; Segars, AH; Watson, RT, Realizing the Promise of E-Business: Developing and Leveraging Electronic Partnering Options, California Management Review, vol 48 no. 4 (2006), pp. 60-83 [10.2307/41166361] [abs].
- Chatterjee, D; Pacini, C; Sambamurthy, V, The Shareholder-Wealth and Trading-Volume Effects of Information-Technology Infrastructure Investments, Journal of Management Information Systems, vol 19 no. 2 (2002), pp. 7-42 [10.1080/07421222.2002.11045723] [abs].
- Chatterjee, D; Grewal, R; Sambamurthy, V, Shaping up for E-Commerce: Institutional Enablers of the Organizational Assimilation of Web Technologies, Mis Quarterly: Management Information Systems, vol 26 no. 2 (2002), pp. 65-65 [10.2307/4132321] [abs].
- Chatterjee, D; Richardson, VJ; Zmud, RW, Examining the Shareholder Wealth Effects of Announcements of Newly Created CIO Positions, Mis Quarterly: Management Information Systems, vol 25 no. 1 (2001), pp. 43-43 [10.2307/3250958] [abs].