Executive in Residence in the Engineering Graduate and Professional Programs
Allegra Jordan helps develop superior leaders and teams so that companies and society can flourish. Her generative outlook and generous approach have led to hundreds of millions of dollars of new value, improved executive capacity, new technologies, healthier global communities, and award-winning creative content.
She served clients in 17 countries and on five continents. She led or managed start-ups in mainstream media, suborbital spaceflight commercialization, electronic health records, intellectual property (patent) spaces, and many others. Her consulting clients include US Joint Special Operations Command, US Department of Treasury, Justice, Personnel Management; the Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences, the Archbishop of Sudan, FHI 360, Deltek, AOL, and ARC Systems (financial systems technology) among others. She handled all crisis communications for Bill Powers' Enron Investigation.
Maria Shriver designated Allegra an “Architect of Change” (2014-2016). Allegra is the author of five books and 12 Harvard Business School cases. She was named a top executive under 40 in both Austin, Texas, and Birmingham, Alabama, and a “Rising Star” by Time Magazine. She was named the US Debater of the Year as a college debater and is the subject of a best-selling Harvard Business School case.
From Georgetown University, she holds a certificate in leadership coaching (2016). She graduated with second year honors from Harvard Business School (1995) and with a BA from Samford University (1991, summa cum laude).
Appointments and Affiliations
- Executive in Residence in the Engineering Graduate and Professional Programs
- Office Location: Pratt School of Engineering, 305 Teer Engineering Building Box 90271, Durham, NC 27708
- Email Address: email@example.com
- M.B.A. Harvard University , 1995
- B.A. Samford University, 1991
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions
- Dedicated Service Award. US Joint Special Operations Command. 2021
- Austin Under 40 - Top 5 in Public Affairs. Young Women's Alliance & Young Men's Business Alliance (Austin, Texas). 2003
- Birmingham, AL Top 40 Under 40. Birmingham Business Journal. 1991
- Debater of the Year. Baylor University. 1991
- Rising Star. Time Magazine. 1991
- Top Academic Team. USA TODAY. 1991
- EGRMGMT 540: Management of High Tech Industries
- EGRMGMT 591: Special Readings in Engineering Management
- MENG 540: Management of High Tech Industries
In the News
- Engineering Faculty Help Students Adapt to AI in the Classroom (Oct 20, 2023 | Pratt School of Engineering)