About the Institute for Enterprise Engineering
Advances in AI and machine learning, blockchain, cybersecurity and data science offer powerful tools that intelligently deployed can improve organizational performance.
We also believe that smartly deploying these powerful tools can develop next-generation products that can solve major challenges faced by your customers, your organization and society.
To achieve that synthesis and vision, Duke Engineering's Institute for Enterprise Engineering designs high-impact educational programs that meet fast-evolving industry needs. We:
- Develop engineer leaders who know how to drive innovation and improve systems and processes
- Teach the most in-demand skills related to emerging technologies, translating new knowledge from lab to classroom to workplace
- Benefit our industry partners and their employees through authentic, mutually beneficial partnerships
The top technology and business experts in our faculty design courses and degree programs that are interdisciplinary—representing inputs from experts in engineering, data science, advanced computing, management and finance.
With knowledge and real-world experience, our faculty and graduates know how to use today's advanced tools to advance organizational performance by driving the innovation of products and services.
Explore Duke EnE
“The Institute for Enterprise Engineering offers so much to working professionals by bringing an authentic industry presence into our educational programs.”
jeff glass | Director, Institute for Enterprise Engineering
Unique Educational approach
Duke provides world-class educational opportunities for both graduate students and working professionals in a variety of convenient formats.
Each of our educational programs provides:
- Access to faculty with deep technical expertise and industry leadership experience
- Foundational training in programming and related technical skills
- Courses focused on organizational context and the use of new skills within an industrial domain
- Authentic, hands-on experiences that engage with our industry partners
Our faculty and educational programs are divided into two centers:
Center for Engineering Management
Focused on providing graduate education that creates leaders for technology-based organizations. Classroom and internship learning focus on product management, corporate leadership, marketing, and business law and policy.
Center for Enterprise Analytics and Systems Engineering
Provides graduate-level training in computing technologies that are revolutionizing industries. Our best-in-class student in experience is grounded in faculty with deep industry experience, immersive learning, and hands-on projects provided by our industry partners.